Our professional cleaning technicians are certified, on-time and courteous. We believe our work is only as good as our employees.
We pride ourselves in being as efficient as possible. We work diligently to get you a quote, complete the job, and get you back to enjoying your home.
We are committed to using as safe and non-toxic as possible cleaning supplies that safe for your home and the planet.
We’ve helped thousands of happy customers bring life and joy back into their homes by restoring their flooring its best possible quality.
VCT (VINYL COMPOSITION TILE)
LVT & RESILIENT
- When to apply a floor finish
How can we help you?
Frequently asked questions
How often should I get vinyl cleaned? VCT, LVT, LVP, etc.
Once a year. However, for areas that get a lot of traffic this may need to happen more regularly in order to keep the vinyl flooring looking its best.
What is needed to clean VCT?
Depending on the condition of the vinyl, there are two basic options. First is a deep scrub of the vinyl to remove surface soiling and then recoating. The second is stripping off all the wax and then recoating.
What is the difference between scrubbing and stripping?
Scrubbing and recoating involves removing only the dirty layers of finish and then applying coats of finish on top of the clean floor. This process capitalizes on previous coats of finish and gives the maximum appearance possible. If a floor is scratched and marred beyond the point of successfully scrubbing and recoating, then stripping is the only viable course of action. Otherwise, scrubbing and recoating is always preferable because you get to take advantage of the previous coats of finish.
Will the yellowing/staining go away and why does it happen?
- Any yellowing that exists is either from direct sunlight over time or from high traffic usage that begins to break down the finish. The latter can typically be fixed through stripping but occasionally it cannot be fixed due to the longevity of the staining.
- Staining is similar. If it hasn’t penetrated through the finish it will be removed through stripping. However, VCT can be permanently stained if it does not have a finish to protect it or if the stain remains on the surface for a long duration.
Should vinyl be waxed or finished?
Outside of VCT, vinyl does not need a finish. The only time a finish should be put down is if the floor is going to take heavy traffic or equipment being moved on it. A finish could be used as a sacrificial layer to protect the vinyl
Can scratches or gouges be fixed?
- This depends on the flooring and where the scratches/gouges lie and how deep they are. For VCT, surface level scratches will be removed through removing a few layers of wax/finish. Deep scrapes or gouges may not be able to be fixed.
- For vinyl flooring, light scratches can be masked with a color matched furniture pencil or similar. Deeper gouges or chips can be repaired with color matched wood filler.
Reliable Care Program
A clean space promotes a healthy environment and also leaves
a good impression on clients and employees.